The Old Mill is a restored water powered corn mill dating back to the 18th century. A home since the 1990’s, Alex and Vivien welcome you to a beautiful and tranquil setting for your stay.
Nestled within the pretty hamlet of Acharn, on the south side of Loch Tay, The Old Mill offers luxury accommodation. Set within countryside famed for some of the finest scenery in Scotland, dominated by Ben Lawers, with many famous beauty spots within easy reach. The Acharn burn, which is fed by the Acharn Falls forms the boundary of the grounds of the Old Mill, which has a delightfully secluded garden.
Acharn is situated a mile and a half from the historic conservation village of Kenmore, which boasts the oldest inn in Scotland. The town of Aberfeldy is 6 miles away which has a large range of independent shops and restaurants, a community cinema and is home to the famous Dewars distillery.
The area offers a host of activities which include golf, sailing and water sports, biking, fishing, walking and climbing with several Munros nearby.
Also included in your stay:
- Flexible accommodation – our rooms can be configured to accommodate families, couples or groups of friends. Please contact us with your requirements.
- Parking area
- Secure storage for Bikes and Sporting Equipment
- Drying area for boots and clothes – just in case you get caught in a rare Scottish shower!
- If required complimentary ‘taxi’ service to local restaurants and bars so all can enjoy Scottish hospitality, safely.
- Picnic boxes can be provided, at an additional cost.
- Dog friendly.
Share this story